Monday, January 10, 2011

A year in review with questions

1. What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
We went to a fertility doctor. It has been the journey of our lives!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I generally don't make them, but I have thouroughly enjoyed the year past.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. Mike's brother and his wife (one of my closest friends) had a little girl.  Saralynn.  Another friend had a little boy

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thanks be to God.

5. What places have you visited?
Oh wow! Collingwood in February.  Toronto in March.  Collingwood in July.  Limbrlost in August. 

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A child. I know, that sounds somewhat trite, but that is our hope and prayer for 2011.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Probably the day we first went to the clinic.  Oh boy, this list is really showing me how all consuming fertility treatments are in our life.  I've listed them 3 times already. And as much as I would like it not to be that way, to find relief from this journey, it's not going to happen for a while.

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Probably going back to work.  Although right now it's feeling like more of a chore than an achievement.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness. Yes. All the time. I'm a teacher. Teacher's get sick. All. the. time.  Injury? No.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
I really don't know. Nothing comes to mind. I did buy some material and started to learn how to quilt. I like that. So let's go with the best thing I bought being material.

11. Where did most of your money go?
Daily living and the occasional trip to McDonald's ;)  Oh ya, and the bank to save for whatever routes we need to take to our children.

12. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Casting crowns, "Praise You in this Storm."

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Had free time. To just be with my husband. Our life is altogether too busy!

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Worry. I worry a lot! And though I try to stop, I was not very successful in 2010.  My goal is to give more of my life, all of it, over to God. To let Him have all the details, all the hurt, all the good. Everything.

15. What was your favorite TV program?
Amazing race. We even have parties for the finale.

16. What was the best book you read this year?
I couldn't pick. Maybe "Sticks and Stones."  Maybe.

17. What was your favorite film of the year?
We went to see the new Narnia movie in the theatre, and liked that. We don't watch very many current movies. And the ones that we did see I promptly forgot the titles off.

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 27.  We went to Mc Donald's.  Spent time with loved ones.  Had parties. Lots of fun!

19. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh my. I used to be so interested in politics. Now, the most involved I was in politics was cutting the local elections question period advertisment out of the paper for my Dad.

20. Who was the best new person you met?
'Met'.  Probably some of the blogs that I've been reading. Lots of them about adoption and children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment