Monday, March 15, 2010

Toronto, how I love thee in small doses!

Last weekend, or a few weekends ago now I guess, we were able to make a trip to Toronto, compliments of Mike's work. What fun!

We checked into the very posh 4 Seasons hotel in Toronto and were given a room on the 22nd floor with a balcony overlooking the Toronto skyline in view of the CN Tower. What a treat (well for me at least, not so much for Mike).

Hello Canada!

Our balcony was very high up and Mike, being very afraid of hights was a bit nervous. He had to take off anything moveable, like his ring, and couldn't be out on the balcony while I had my camera with me. Here we are with the CN tower in the background.

Can you see the tall spike?




Ready to go find a Starbucks - we didn't have to go far!


That night we were treated to a gala dinner - lots of good food and fun entertainment - this year it was a magician. Which was crazy! He changed the time on my watch while I had it firmly grasped in my hand. Crazy!


The view at night. I was trying out my camera. I still have work to do to figure it out.








The next morning we were awakened with bright, clear skies. Lovely.


I am making Mike very nervous at this point, hanging over the edge of the balcony with my camera.

He stayed nice inside.

Houses. Appartments. Bussiness!

Our hotel room was delightful. Is that a word that can be used to describe a hotel room? It was very fancy and I loved it!

What a wonderful weekend away. Ok, it was only one night. But it fealt nice to be away. At someone else's expense. In a hotel that we would never pay for. I lvoe to look around the city, but as we get back to our quiet, dead-end street, I'm thankful I don't live there permently. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment