Just like last year I would like to look back. I got these questions here.
1.What did you do in 2011 that you had never done before?
Mike started his own company and works full time from home. We took a leap of faith in this and haven’t been disappointed.
2.Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any. Maybe I should this year.
Here I go: For 2012 I resolve to:
- run a 5K at some point
- spend more time in prayer
- start a photography website
- sew a dress for a little girl
- learn how to curl my hair
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
We welcomed Brooklyn Joanne, born to Rich and Lisa.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather. We still miss him dearly. And also, my sister-in laws and my close friends mother, Mrs. Varga.
5. What places have you visited?
Limberlost, Dominican, Haiti, Collingwood
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
As always, a child. I am going to strive to realize that this will not complete me, only God can.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched in your memory and why?
I’m not sure I could pick one date. I think of the day Opa died. I think of the days that we found out that another pregnancy wasn’t going to survive. I think of the day that we decided to pursue adoption.
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
I’m not sure I achieved anything monumental. 2011 was a year of growth for both of us, but I still feel that we have a lot to learn. Trust. Hope. Patience.
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, praise be to the Lord!
10. What was the best thing you bought?
I’m not much of a shopper. I bought a D90, but that was in the very beginning of January 2012 so that doesn’t count. Maybe mistint paint for when we did our renos downstairs?
11. Where did most of your money go?
Fertility treatments and regular bills.
12. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Maybe John Waller’s “God is is Good.”
13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Spent time in the Word and prayed. Can we ever have enough of that? And excercised.
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Worry about the future. I NEED to learn to trust!
15. What was your favorite TV program?
The Amazing Race
16. What was the best book you read this year?
I loved the Help. Also, Adopted for Life by Russel Moore was life changing.
17. What was your favorite film of the year?
Seeing as I only went to the theatre twice (Alvin and Courageous) probably Courageous.
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 28 this year. I spent my birthday with the Douma family at the cottage.
19. What national/world event stirred you the most?
The death of Moammar Gadhafi, the royal wedding, the tsunami.
20. Who was the best new person you met?
Randy and Karen Lodder and Cornelius and Mindy Broersma. Their selfless giving of their time and energy for the people of Haiti is inspiring. I admire what they give up in order to help other. I admire their trust in their Heavenly Father for their daily needs and the needs of those around them. My 10 days with them will never be forgotten!