Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cleaning machine

My last day of holidays was spent spring cleaning. Something I am very familiar with when it comes to March Break.

I can remember growing up that my mom and dad would go away for vacation and we would get shipped off to various cousins house. I would usually go to Mandy's house where Aunt Joyce would put us to work Spring cleaning the whole place. And yes, I said the whole place. I can remember being on the roof, cleaning windows. At the end of the week we would get $20 to split between the two of us. Somehow that simple twenty dollar bill made all the work and pain and suffering worth it. We would go to Port Dalhousie and get french fries and a stamp set.

Anyway, I digress. So on the last day of my holidays I:
- tidied the house
- cleaned all the windows, inside and out, including the curtains and blinds
- vacuumed the whole house, including under beds, in corners, behind dressers, etc.
- dusted the whole house
- mopped all the floors
- cleaned all the ceiling fans
- cleaned the upstairs bathroom
- cooked dinner
- responding to many emails
- did 1 load of wash, hung on the line
- folded 2 loads of wash from the days before
- cleaned the recycling bins
- watered the plants

Needless to say, the house sparkled at the end of the day. I felt ready for the week of school that lay ahead.

And then I started the week of school.

Uughh! I guess maybe I wasn't ready... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment