Tuesday, March 2, 2010

7. I love this man

Because even though it was a hot day for my car, it was not such a hot day for me.

Here's the story.

6:45. Leave for work. Running a little behind, but not too bad.

6:50. Enter the highway. Notice that my car still feels cold. Look at the temperature gage and see that it is still on cold. Interesting

6:52. Look at the temperature gage again. Starting to climb to the middle mark, the spot that it is always at. Turn on the heat.

6:52.30. Turn the heat off because cold air is blowing. Not hot air. Watch the temperature gage carefully.

6:53. Watch the gage climb higher and higher. Think 'I do not need to worry because it has not reached the red spot yet.'

6:54. Think 'I need to worry because it is very close to the red mark.

6:55. Pull over. Call Mike. Swear once. Oops! Say "My car is really hot. I think I might over heat. Oh yup, I'm overheating." Watch the steam/smoke pour from under my hood.

And then the reason that I love my husband.

He, calmly, told me not to worry, asked me where I was and came and got me.
From the side of the highway.
On a Monday morning.

He gave me his car so that I could make it to school on time and then preceeded to deal with my car. 'Deal with it' meaning drive it home. Stop many times on the way for it to cool down. Drive to the garage. Walk home from the garage. Walk back to the garage. Drive my newly radiated car home for me to enjoy.

Boy I love this man!

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment