Monday, October 31, 2011

The end, or just the beginning

2 1/2 years ago we started down a road that we never dreamed we'd be on. With hearts full of anxiety and hope, we choose to follow the path that God had laid out for us.  And now after those 2 and some years, the road is ending, at least for now.

Let me explain.

When we got married I dreamed of having children. I think everyone does.  At some point.  But after trying became trying we sought help.   I'll never forget our first appointment in that office that would soon feel like a second home. Never. 

After trying many times, some times with success, we're stopping. We've come to appreciate our fertility doctor. We've come to appreciate his wisdom and knowledge on the subject of infertility. We've come to appreciate the care of the staff at the clinic.  But, at the end of the day, God has the final word.

And we feel like, at this moment in time, God is saying no.

I can't begin to describe how that makes me feel.  I never, ever thought He'd say no. I really and truly hoped that at some point He would say yes.  And I think in someways He still is.

You see, though our journey there is over for now, the journey is just beginning.  We're sitting here at the end of it all, having learned more than we could have without this journey, and we're listening.  He has a plan. He has a good plan.  And we believe with everything in us that He will show us what that plan is. 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

At this stage of it all, we're learning (not we've learnt) to trust.  To hope in His good plans. To know He cares. To feel His sufficient grace. 

To you, our family and friends, those walking beside us, those holding our hands and touching our hearts, thanks. With tears in my eyes, thanks. For everything.  For who you are to us (you know who you are), for what you've done for us, for everything, thanks!

And now as we look ahead to the journey, standing at the end of the road, there is no where to look

but

up. 

He's there. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Theresa! May our great God continue to uphold and sustain. He will. He does. And I have no more words.
    Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, my heart is breaking for you as I read this post. May God give you much strength as you walk His path for you. Praying for you, and Karen, often!
    Love,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete