Saturday, March 20, 2010

The rink at the brink

March Break 2010 was going to be a week full of fun. Mike and I had planned to go to Washington to tour all the sights and watch my dad run a marathon. And then Mike couldn't get the time off. So that meant a whole week off of work with nothing to do. Or so I thought.

The first day of the break I was sick. One day down. Nothing done.

Day two was a trip to Timmies. Woot woot! Actually a trip to Timmies on the way to see my nieces and nephews at an indoor playground. And then a trip to get my hair done.

Wednesday we took a trip to Niagara Falls. Mom, Lisa and the kids and I, that is.
We went skating at the rink at the brink.
We got there right when it opened, and much to our delight, had the whole arena to ourselves.
It is an indoor arena, surrounded by only a tent.

Along the one side there is all 'windows' with a view of the Falls.

It was beautiful.


I had a blast with the nephews and niece (and Mom and Lisa of course)


We skated till our feet hurt. Ok, that happened almost right away. But after a while it was a bit unbearable, so we stopped. That and Dylan was hungry =)

After skating a while, they opened up the side tarps for an unhindered view of the Falls.

That was really neat because it was almost 15 degrees outside and we were feeling the warm outside air, but still skating.




Day 3 was a blast. More to come about day 4 and maybe day 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment