Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The good, the bad and the ugly

Some days I have it all together. The house is cleaned, the baby is fed and happy, I got emails answered and chores done. I play with the baby, have him sleep in my arms for his nap and love my husband.

And then some days.

The opposite happens.  I'm sick and really don't do much else then use the washroom and lay in bed. I forget that the husband still has to eat, and he takes a day off of work to care for the baby.

But you know what? I think that's the way that God wants it to be.

There's a verse in the Bible that says this:
Give me neither poverty nor riches—
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, “Who is the Lord?”
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.

Proverbs 30:8-9

You see, if we have too much, we deny the Lord and don't lean on Him to fulfill our every need. And if we have too little we profane God's name and steal.

If all the days were perfect, I'd think that I had it all together and didn't need help.  And if all the days were bad, I'd despair and question God.  

We're going to have good days. And we're going to have bad days.  It's the way that it's supposed to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment