It's been a while! For now some bullet posts:
* Sometimes, I lay awake at night, and in the minute before I fall asleep, I can't help but thank the Lord for the blessings I'm surrounded with. Liam is such a joy. He's found his feet and loves to suck his toe :) He's happy, sleeps well and goes wherever we do with little fuss. We probably dote on him too much, but we love him so!
* We spent a week in Myrtle Beach. Wonder baby stayed in his car seat for 11 hours straight on the way down. We enjoyed wind and sand and beach and ocean and hot tub and family and food and shopping. When we booked the trip, we didn't even know about Liam yet. That thought surrounded us for the week with wonder at how quickly our life changed for the better.
* Church activities have started up again. That means Bible studies and girls club and deacon life and so much more. Sometimes I dream of taking a year off and hibernating at home without participating in anything. It's a dream, but one I've thought of often in the business of the last few weeks.
* I have thoughts in my head about infertility and what's next and how God does redeem the time lost. Someday it will surface onto paper. Maybe someday soon.
* We had an unfortunate first with Liam a few weeks ago. We had to head to the E.R. I had gone in for his regular check up, knowing that he had a cough, but not too worried because he was otherwise very healthy. The doctor seemed very concerned and shocked that he was sleeping and eating and happy. She sent us to the er because she heard rattling in his chest. After picking up Mike, crying a few tears and wondering how bad a Mom I could be for missing this, we headed there to wait for the next 6 hours. Liam had a chest x-ray done and in the end was diagnosed with pneumonia. My son had pneumonia and I didn't even know it (see above for wonder baby title). He was put on medicine, and after another trip in the the er for a check up and another doctors visit or two, they deemed him well enough to travel. He's since totally cleared up and is still as happy as can be.
* Pictures to follow. I think I took over 600 on our trip to Myrtle Beach. Just the other day my computer announced that the hard drive was full. My poor computer savy husband!
Blessings to all!