Monday, April 15, 2013

Joy

I picked up a little book off of the desk of the teacher I was supplying for this morning, that described so well what I have been feeling.

They book was titled joy.

I don't think I can adequately put into words the joy in our house right now. Anticipation, excitement, pure joy. 

We can't wait for that little baby to be in our arms. 

After years of dreaming and hoping and wondering and waiting, we feel fully the joy of all the little moments of preparing for the arrival of our little one. We are revelling in the joy that He's given us, pausing often to whisper our gratitude at all that He's done!

The season before this was dry and hard and there was a lot of hurt, but the joy that comes after such a season is more sweet. Made beautiful by the hard of what came before. 

Habakkuk 3:17-19 says,
"Though the fig tree may not blossom,

Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.

The Lord God[a] is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

The book went onto say "We will never know lasting joy in the Lord is we seek to undestand Him by what goes on in the world, or by our circumstances. The only way to joy is to interpret our circumstnaces by God's Word rather than to judge God by our circumstances."

Habbakuk 2:3 says,
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;

But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.


The book goes on to say, "Habbakuk was given a prophetic word that everything would work out all right for God's people. He had only to rust that word and then wait for God's timing. Habakkuk took the long view because he trusted God and he wound up joyful."

Many times God seemed to tarry long. The wait still seems like forever a way. And yet, through it all, He is faithful and He will come and His plan will come to pass and, for those that are in Him, it will be good.





No comments:

Post a Comment