Tuesday, January 8, 2013

20 things for 2012

Here's another way to look back over the last year, 20 questions about the year (borrowed from here)

1. What did you do in 2012 that you had never done before?

Registered for adoption. We completed all our paperwork and took a few more steps towards family life with more then just 2. And we waited a lot - for paperwork, for children, for social workers, for emails...

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?

I can't seem to find or remember my resolutions from last year, so I suppose that proves the point that I'm not one to resolve much. I'm not making anything this year either. I do have a loose weight and exercise goal (20 pounds and 3 days a week exercising before our anniversary in March) but not much else.  And to pray more, spontaneously throughout the day, out loud or quietly.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No immediate family members, but many friends, extended family members, church members. Lots of babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

 I had a student that I taught a few years pass away, but no one in my family or close group of fellowship.

5. What places have you visited?

Limberlost, Collingwood, Mexico, and lots of fun local stuff.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

A child, or some children.  I feel a little like a broken record, as I'm sure that was my answer last year as well, but that is my life.

7. What date(s) from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why?

January 14, the day we started PRIDE training. I can remember that feeling of nerves and excitement and just, wow, this is the beginning of a long road. It felt so good to be doing something, anything, towards where we feel God was calling us.

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?

Maybe just being a support and being content with where we are. It's been a journey, but its not always as tough as it has been in the past.  We love each other, and love spending lots of time together. This year was the same as others in that we got to do a lot of that.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing that was major. Praise the Lord!

10. What was the best thing you bought?

A new camera with a fabulous new lens.

11. Where did most of your money go?

What little we had went to living - bills, groceries, morgtage - and the rest to adoption paperwork and savings.

12. What song will always remind you of 2012?

I don't really have one. We listened to John Waller a lot.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?

Trusted in God's promises. Had people over, people from church, or friends, just for fun and I wish we could do spontaneous last minute invites.

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?

Worry. Fret about the future. Waiting.

15. What was your favorite TV program?

We don't watch a lot, but Amazing race is definitely a favourite for us, as is Survivor.

16. What was the best book you read this year?

The Bible. I started a Bible study that has studying and reading the Bible a part of every day, and I loved that. I read some good fiction throughout the year, and a pile of adoption books on lots adoption type things like attachment and grief.

17. What was your favorite film of the year?

I can't say I have one. We watch a lot from the library, and they aren't always current, so nothing major stands out.

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

I turned 29 this year. Scary how close to 30 I am.  We were in Collingwood. We had dinner with the family, and someone else cooked, so that was nice. Mike made it special by taking me out for ice cream to Coldstone, just the two of us in the midst of a week of family vacation..

19. What national/world event stirred you the most?

Our world is a twisted place. There are lots of horrid things going on that make us very sad. I think one of the things that struck me a few times was the abortion that is so rampant in our society and how little anyone seems to do about it.

20. Who was the best new person you met?

Maybe my Bible study group - they challenge me to think about what I believe and though we don't agree all the time, it is really good to be challenged and stretched through the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment