Friday, December 30, 2011

The future

This is the time of year for reflection. For looking back and looking forward.  For counting your blessings and deciding what you'll be intentional with going forward.

I love that about this time of year.

Looking back is really really good. 

Sometimes, in the middle of the daily grind, when life is hard, its difficult to count your blessings. When all you see around you are a string of hard-bad-work-rough-sad its hard to look at the big picture of blessed-God-trust-good-abundance. 

This time of year lets you look back and see the good. Sure the hard was still there, but you can choose your focus.

So today, on the cusp of all things new, I'm choosing to look at the good.  I'm choosing to see the blessings in it all.  I'm choosing, by the grace of God, to look up. To look forward.  Won't you join me?

Happiest of New Year to you and yours!  May God's richest blessings be on you in the year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment