Monday, October 4, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes things are good.

Sometimes I'm ok.

But sometimes, well, sometimes, it's hard.

Sometimes it hurts when we sing the hymn about children like olive branches around a table and a wife being a fruitfull vine.

Sometimes it's hard to see other friends baptize their babies.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that we are on this journey and that God planned it this way and that it is good.

Because I know, no matter what, that it is good.  It is because He made it that way. And He's God and is perfect.

Our minister said it this way on Sunday.  "God knows what He has to do to keep us in His goodness."

And right now, I can sit and bask in that goodness. Sure it's hard. Really hard. But it is good!

3 comments:

  1. Press on Theresa! You're right, God is good and does only good, but sometimes it does not feel that way - I know what you mean. If only I could really, I mean REALLY believe, all the time, that God is good and only does good - because that is the truth. I know it is the truth, but as you said, sometimes it is hard.
    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa,
    So glad you posted a 'guess' on my blog, because it reminded me of your blog! I can fully relate to this post,and every emotion in it. I am so thankful that you are able to look beyond the trial and recognize God's faithful kindness. It makes the trial a LOT easier to bear (I know people who do not have the perspective you do in this same trial, and they are miserable). I want to encourage you to continue in your faithfulness to the Lord. He knows your heart's desire and every prayer you offer to Him! He will bless you abundantly, but maybe in ways that you might not have imagined (like He did for me)! We'd still LOVE to have biological children, it hasn't happened yet in God's wisdom, but our adopted girlie has been such a sweet joy to us. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Somedays it's easier to trust in His faithfullness than others. Often I can convince my head of that truth, but not my heart.

    Praying for both of you in your journeys and struggles.

    ReplyDelete