Monday, August 30, 2010

3AM

This morning at 3 am I was up with a toddler who thought she wasn't tired any more and a screaming baby.

I may be crazy. Or hormonal. Or maybe it's my 'mother's heart', but I loved it!

Yes, loved it!

The feeling of a little one, snuggled up against you, sobs slowly subsiding - well there's nothing like it in the world. And the whispers of 'it's ok, I'm here', well I love that part.

It's one of things that mothers sometimes begrudge. A good nights sleep is hard to come by when you're a mother. I understand that. Trust me, I love my sleep. But waking up and cuddling with little ones? I think that's even better.

So the next time the cries come at some insane hour of the night, remember to hug them close, to love them and to cherish the time you get with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment