Saturday, April 17, 2010

I am an inconvenience

Let me start of by saying that the views that are expressed here are my opinions, not my husbands; he repeatedly reminds me that I am not an inconvenience.

But I think I am.

Let me explain.

I am an inconvience because I demand my husbands' time. I need him to take the time to show me his love. I need him to stop working and spend a night watching a movie with me. I need him to make a point of talking to me and listen to my answers.

I am an inconvience because I demand my husbands' love. I need him to love me. I need him to show that love.

I am an inconvience because I demand my husbands' attention. I need him to comment on a new shirt. I need him to tell me I'm pretty. I need him to be interested in what I'm doing.

Because of all of these things, I am an inconvience.

Loving me. Spending time with me. Giving me attention. That takes a lot of work and a lot of effort. It is not always easy. It is not always what he would want to be doing.

But on the other hand, these things, time, love, attention, they are the duties of a husband. And that is why for him, he does not consider it an inconvience.

When he said "I do" those many days ago, he promised to do all of those things. And I promised to do those things back.

So sometimes, when I feel bad for dragging him away from work to ask him a question about the garbage cans, I need to stop and remember that he is my husband. He loves me. And he will do just about anything for me.

So, I guess I am not so much an inconvenience as I am a wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment