Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Second hand shopping

I used to hate second hand shopping. I'd go to Value Village in a nearby town (if you say it with a French accent it doesn't sound so bad. Sort of like calling Giant Tiger, G.T. Boutique to make things sound better. Anyway, I'm off topic). Things would smell. Things would cost more than I would pay for them new. Things would be all disorganized.

Or I'd go to the local Bible for Missions store and everything in there is older than the clothes that I already own.

I was never able to find anything that fit. Or looked nice. Or was my style.

Until

I

met

Talize

http://www.talize.com/

When you walk in the first thing you smell is fabric softner and febreeze. No more yucky smells.
The clothes are in good condition. Ok, not all of them are, but if you look you can find some that are.
Everything is very organized.
There is not junk and dustbunnies all over the floor.
Things are priced well.

Yesterday for example, I stopped in for a little bit. I was at school, waiting 3 hours for parent teacher interviews to start, when I decided to go take a look. As I drove up there were signs everywhere labelling the entire store as 50% off. 50% off thrift store prices that are reasonible. Yay, I thought. The thought did cross my mind that it might be really busy and all the good stuff might be gone already, but I ignored that thought.

Speaking of which, I've used the word stuff a lot in this post. I digress...

Anyway, I went in and found, after looking for no more than 20 minutes, 3 skirts, a pair of black flats, a puzzle and two books. And my total bill? $17.52

Crazy! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment